[pct-l] contacts and hiking boots

Just wanted to make a suggestion on the contact lens question...

Until recently I had been wearing the ones you take out & throw away every night.  I loved them, but I didn't want to mees around with them on the trail.  So, I switched to Focus Night & Day, which are approved for up to 30 nights & nights of continuous wear.  I took them out more often than that sometimes (in town), but it was nice to not have to worry about it.  And especially nice to be able to see when I woke up without fumbling around the tent for my glasses.  Of course, I always carried my glasses, a spare pair of contacts, and a very small bottle of Renu just in case.

Of course, the MOST convenient thing to to is laser eye surgery, which I have wanted to do for a long time now.  Unfortunately, still mucho $$.

Ajax