[pct-l] Re: Three Sisters

At 09:22 PM 11/29/2003 -0500, CMountainDave@aol.com wrote:
>Does the [South Sister] trail go up from Green Lakes?

I don't think so. My memory is sketchy, but I recall the trail goes up the
south side of the South Sister and there were no lakes in that area. A
geologist once told me easy ascents on the volcanoes are usually on the
south as the north sides were chewed by glaciers in the last ice age.

I camped near some lakes on the north west side (which may have been Green
Lakes, there was an intricate campground there) and watched two friends (id
and Starmite) attempt a climb from that location. They bailed, but only
because storm clouds came up. According to them, it's possible to ascend
from the north west, but it takes about 4-6 hours round trip.

Tangent