[pct-l] Re: Three Sisters

In a message dated 11/29/03 3:43:00 PM, dencisco@eos.arc.nasa.gov writes:

<<
There's a very definite and popular trail up South Sister. The
cross-country coach at COCC had us run up that trail more times than I
care to remember.

Does the trail go up from Green Lakes? I plan on climbing many of the minor
volcanoes that were along the PCT next summer including Washington as far up as
I can reasonably get, Theilsen, Three Finger Jack, Bachelor Butte, Broken
Top, Diamond Peak, McGloughlin (sp?) and several minor bumps such as Belknap
crater for their distinct vantage points of the major peaks. South Sister is going
to be the biggie of the bunch. I plan on using Green Lake as a base camp to
bag both South Sister and Broken Top.  Do you know of a website that gives the
camping policy at Green Lakes? And then I will consider myself "climbed out"
in the Oregon Cascades