[pct-l] pct'04 planning

You just never KNOW....some of the hikers in 2002 were met by Canadian
Immigration etc.
somewhere between the Monument and the Manning Hiway.  They even had a Motor
Home there.
I read about Scott and Rachel being stopped in their 2002 journal. She was a
Canadian and he was an American.  They were giving her the hard time until
she saw one man who looked familiar and it turned out they both worked in
the same local agency.  Now this was after 9/11.

Apparently from the PTCA office they were able to get a list of hikers and
there expected date to cross the border. I do not think they stayed there
more than a week. Lots of thru hikers never even saw them.....

I would say, do not leave it to chance, take the Passport and your Drivers
license for both (in case/Canadian} and especially for getting back into the
USA. Also get your PTC Hiking permit, (or gamble and not get one) if you
have something in your past that will not allow them to issue a permit.

We just came back from a trip to Canada and it was a 4 minute stop at the
border when we pulled out our passports.  We also take the Passports to Yuma
AZ with us and again have no problem getting back into the USA from Mexico.

My 2 Cents worth.
Marge   [The Old Gal]
http://www.prothman.org/marge