[pct-l] Taboose Pass (another tale of woe)

I can't remember the year...too old, I guess.  We were hiking the JMT.  There
were non-stop storms for eight days.  The day we summited Mt. Tyndall, a man
and his son were killed in the hut on top of Whitney.  After squatting on the
hillside, north of Pinchot and counting 41 lightning strikes 3 seconds or
closer in a half an hour... we bailed over Taboose.  One near-hypothermic case
later we hit desert.  There were a dozen cars parked... and no one present.  I
actually searched for hide-a-keys, semi-seriously considering not-quite-joy
riding down to the highway.  Finally we ditched our packs and hiked out to the
Taboose Creek Campground where some folks gave us a ride to Bishop.  It was an OK
bailout.... get your water high because it's inaccessable lower down.  I
wouldn't go in that way on a bet... though I have been over Shepherd and Baxter
passes...once.

No Way
Ray E