[pct-l] Re: Headlamps and Flashlights.

I carried the samelight on my hike this summer. The hinge broke on me and I
had to be creative w/duct tape. And it is a pain to turn on and off, just
the way they make it I guess. The upside is it's very difficult to
accidently turn on while rummaging  in your pack and burn up the batteries.

Jeff (rogue

Michael wrote:
>I recently used a "Princeton Tec Aurora" on a late season, moonless,
>backpack in the Emmigrant
>Wilderness.  I liked many things about it:  its compactness, light weight,
>ample brightness,
>"nearly infinite" battery life, and the fact that it runs off of standard
>and inexpensive
>AAA's rather than more expensive and harder to obtain camera or watch
>batteries.

>2.  The salesrep at REI warned me that the friction "locked" hinge works
>loose over time,
>     so I should carry a small screwdriver so I can retighten.  Havn't had
>this happen yet
>     but seems plausible that it will.
>
>What I REALLY didn't like:
>The switch is VERY stiff, to the point of being really hard to operate,
>particularly when wearing the thing.  I found myself leaving it on (and
>off) far longer than
>I otherwise would, just to avoid the awkward task of cycling it on/off.
>Has anyone else had this problem?  I am wondering if my switch is
>defective, or if perhaps
>it gets less stiff after a bit of use?
>
>Michael Arnold.

Frustrated with dial-up? Get high-speed for as low as $26.95.