[pct-l] Re: Find Sobo Hiker, Ryan, in sections A or B

In a message dated 10/29/2003 11:09:20 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dsaufley@sprynet.com writes:
That puts Ryan somewhere between Big Bear and the border right now.  I am
concerned about his welfare based on Brick Robbin's message regarding the fire
approaching the PCT down south.  ... While I don't mean to sound hysterical, or
make everyone run around unnecessarily, but I believe we need to find out
where Ryan is and make sure that he's safely off trail and out of harm's way.  Is
it reasonable to ask that those of you who live near a PCT register in the
southern sections please check to see if Ryan has passed through?
Reasonable to ask, but not possible right now. From Barrel Springs south to
the border, most roads near the PCT are closed because of the fire.

Julian has been evacuated (residents were sent to Borrego Springs H.S.)  ...
only eastbound traffic permitted from there on Highway 78. Sunshine Highway is
closed as are most of the roads from there to Campo.

Maybe someone knows where he is and will speak up now that they know of your
concern.

Is there a PCT register at the Pink Motel in West Palm Springs Village? That
one is probably still accessible.

Wishing Ryan good luck,
Charlie