[pct-l] Hitchhiking

I've hitched at least once during all of my section hikes.  I'm a big, burly, middle-aged man who looks very scruffy at the end of a hike (and who keeps his hat and sunglasses on, although I'll probably take them off next time) ? not exactly prime ride-getting material.  I hold up a sign made from an old cereal box, about 8 inches by 15 inches, with PLEASE in big block letters.  I've never waited long, and several drivers have said that they stopped because of the sign.

Wildheart
<<<