[pct-l] RE: Mail Drops - Cajon Pass

Hi Nocona,

Regarding your question:
Cajon Pass:  anyone ever used the Economy Inn place
near the Interstate as a drop?  Was it OK?  They are
also listed in the guidebook, and I do plan on staying
a night with them.

I section hiked last spring from I10 to Tehachapi Pass.  Being a section
hiker, I wanted to spend as much time on the trail as possible, so I did not
go into Big Bear City or Wrightwood and resupplied only at I15 and Agua
Dulce.  I sent a resupply package to the motel at I15 (no longer an Economy
Inn, but now a Best Western) - there is no charge if you stay one night.
The rooms were great and the motel has a pool, jaccuzi, and coin-operated
washer and dryer.  The only drawback is there is only fast-food places to
eat - a Del Taco and a McDonalds along with the gas station mini-marts.
However the mini-mart next to the motel did have chocolate Haggen-Daz ice
cream!!  Have a good hike!  I'm looking forward to reading your journal next
year...

Annemarie
http://home.inreach.com/annemari/PCT/