[pct-l] Butter Subs on the trail.

ECPG wrote:
 > OK, tell me how you are making popcorn. This is one of my trail
cravings and
 > I've never been able to do it.

Just use non-microwave popcorn.  This is something you can buy at most
city grocery stores.

Light stove.
Pour oil in bottom of pot, enough to cover the entire bottom of the pot.
Put non-microwave popcorn in bottom of pot (just barely cover it, or it
will escape)
Put lid on pot.  If your lid is light, put a rock on the lid.
Put pot on stove

Periodically lift pot without taking off lid, by using a dry wadded-up
cotton t-shirt as a potholder, and shake.

Continue until it stops popping violently, and remove the pot from
stove.  Extinguiush your stove.  Let cool until it stops popping
completely, then add salt and shake.

Do not under any cicrumstances take the lid off your pot while the
popcorn is actively popping.  This will cause your popcorn to escape.