[pct-l] Survey for Listers: What Tent & Pack Do You Use

Pack: Ultalight Adventures Zenith
Tarp: Dancing Light Tacoma tarp with carbon fiber pole (I don't
use trekking poles).

I'd use exactly the same set up again.  The only possible change
would be to take a double sized bit of tyvek instead of the
tarp in the south.

Chris

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003, Karen Borski wrote:

> I have a question for the list at large.
>
> If you feel up to it, please either email the list or
> me the name/brand/style of the tarp/tent AND backpack
> you use.  I'd like to compile an informal survey (just
> for curiousity's sake and because I'm in the market
> for both) of what most PCT hikers are using.
>
> You can list items you wish you had or that you would
> rather have, if you prefer.
>
> My goal is to have some perspective on the range of
> packs and tents out there now, which fit into the PCT
> lightweight or ultralight culture.  That doesn't mean
> I only want names of ultralight gear, I just would
> like to know what hikers (not limited to thru-hikers,
> by any means) are using.
>
> I'll compile and send out results of this survey
> later, if I get any.
>
> To kick this off, here's what I plan to carry on my
> PCT thru-hike next year:
>
> Shelter -
> Mountain Hardware Bat Ray (tarp-tent for desert)
> GoLite Den (to pick up in Sierra and bump up to WA)
> wish list:  Europa II (Six Moons Design)
>
> Pack -
> Dana X-Racer (ultralight for dry sections)
> Dana Glacier (just for Sierra; maybe WA)
>

> Thanks!
> Nocona

Christopher Willett
Department of Mathematics