[pct-l] Snow and Rain around Stehekin

GM everyone

Well, I have to report LOTS of rain here in Stehekin. It rained almost 0.9" during a 28-hour period ending 8PM yesterday. The ridges above our house show significant amounts of fresh snow, too, down to 6000/7000 feet.

The temperature yesterday morning was 40F at 1300-feet where I live so the snow-level must have been close to 6000-feet. The thru-hikers had better get moving if they want to comfortably complete the last stretch between Stehekin and Manning!

The local streams showed a significant peak in flow-rate too with all the rainfall but I do not think that will cause much trouble. The cable bridge at Basin Creek (on the trail between Cascade Pass and Stehekin Road) has been removed for the season according to a report from one of the NPS trail-crew.

Happy hiking,

Dick Bingham - w7wkr
Stehekin, WA