[pct-l] Snow Predictitions (was good starting date?)

> <<<The Sierra Nevadas fairly routinely get snow in every month of the
year>>>

> I have hiked in the Sierra nearly every summer since 1958 and have NEVER
been
> snowed on in July or August...

In 1974 I was snowed on in mid-August at 13,000 feet on the east side of
Whitney. A couple inches of snow accumulated which melted just in time for a
large hail storm. The skies cleared the next morning before a torrential
downpour that lasted all afternoon. The next six days were perfect.

AsABat