[pct-l] re: Can openers

>>There are many times I wished for a can opener on
>>this past NCT hike

What is a light weight backpacker to do? Once in a
while it is nice to have a can opener for that
occasional can of corn beef hash yogied from a
weekender. Of maybe a decadent feast after
re-supplying in town?

Wouldn't it be great to have something light, easy to
use and multi-purpose?

Look no further...
http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page52.shtml

Yessirree..this 60 year old invention works quite
well.  The weight is only a fraction of an ounce.
Works great as a flat head screw driver, and it can
open letters, packages, etc. (And on the web page,
also mentioned cleans boots, too!...among many other
uses perfect by GIs). Smaller than the Swiss Army
classic (which is the knife I use), fits quite nicely
on the knife's key chain.

Can be picked up for the princely sum of 30 cents at
most Army/Navy stores. (Knock-off brands of the P-38
also available in budget sporting good stores like
Galyans or Sports Authority).

So grab a lightweight can opener, eat the occasional
can of Beanie Weenies and carry a piece of gear that
is among the most useful things ever invented for the
military...

=====
--Thoreau