[pct-l] Re: pct-l Digest, Vol 6, Issue 7

A college roommate of mine is suddenly called to
thru-hike the PCT.  She has no prior backpacking
experience other than borrowing gear and going with me
overnight a time or two.  She doesn't really have the
time or energy to research gear, though she wants to
buy the right stuff.

I offered to go through my own gear list with her,
offering 100% opinions on what she could purchase for
each gear item.  I posted this to the web on my
journal, thinking it might be a good resource for
others.

Remember: my OPINIONS only.  I do not hesitate to just
tell her to buy a specific item or brand if my
experience dictates that.  In other words, this is
basically what I would do, if I had to start from
scratch buying gear.

At first I thought my friend was definately in over
her head.  But I suddenly realized the other day that
she is no different from ME when I started planning
for my AT thru-hike (in terms of experience and
knowledge of gear.)

So, for those that might be able to use it:

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?id=48657

Nocona