[pct-l] RE: virus

Steve - you are absolutely correct.  in fact, this Virus is very
nasty.  Not only does it search your address book for addresses, it
also searches these types of files for email addresses:
1.  .html (webpage, possibly one saved on your computer),
2.  .asp (webpage, possibly one saved on your computer),
3.  .eml (Outlook express emails. THIS IS WHERE IT IS GETTING
ADDRESSES FROM THIS LIST),
4.  .dbx (Outlook Express Archive file.  THIS IS WHERE IT IS GETTING
ADDRESSES FROM THIS LIST),
5.  .wab (Outlook Express Address Book),
6.  .mbx (eudora mailbox file)

so, in short, unsubscribing will very likely not stop the emails.
the only thing that will stop them is to stop the infected machines
from sending.

peace,
dude in eugene