[pct-l] 67 Day PCT Hike? - NO WAY!

Zeb's "record" is EXTREMELY dubious.  I may be on a limb here but I really
think that this all a big lie.

Read the account again and do the math for his trip through Oregon and for
the actual calculation of 67 days.

According to the account, Zeb left the C/O border on the morning of July 9
at mile 1693.7 and made it to Timberline at mile 2102.2 on July 13 (plus had
time to take a bus into Portland that day).  Doing the math, he hiked 408.5
trail miles in less than 5 days.  This would give him over an 81.7 a day
average for that stretch.  Not sure of the bus schedule from Timberline into
Portland but I would seriously doubt that a bus leaves very late in the
evening so his last day must have been far fewer miles.  If so, his average
over days 1-4 would have had to have been 85+.  There's just no way, without
full support, that that kind of mileage is doable.  Not even sure if it's
possible then.   Any of you ultra marathoners out there think so?  If you
read his mother's flowery account--replete with miles/day calculations
throughout--you have to wonder why she wouldn't put that kind of mileage in
big bold letters.  All she says on the day of the alleged phone call from
Timberline is "Zeb expects to cross into Washington State in about 2-3 days
which means he is now averaging 50 mile days."  50-mile days is a whole lot
different than 80-mile days.

Note also the calculation of 67 days. He supposedly left May 21 and finished
July 29, which is actually 70 days.  According to the mother's report, he
did take at least three 0-days, climbed Whitney, hitched 9 hours south at
one point, then returned north, and so on.  Zero days count but apparently
he and his mom don't think so.

Someone else please do the math out there and tell me that "zero day Zeb" is
telling the full truth and that we should all bow down to his
accomplishments.  I have no doubt he's a really fast hiker but if he or his
mom is lying about what really happened then justice should be served.

Henry