[pct-l] PCT Diamonds are still out there in fair number

 Still a good number of the old diamonds out on the trail! Problem is they
are on the trail no longer being used!! The old Cascade Crest Trail of
Washington has many such markers.
    Much of the current PCT was moved in the mid to late 70's for one reason
or another. During my 1977 trip, I had a copy of the Cascade Crest Guide with
me in Washington and took the old trail where it was more scenic or easier. (
Of course, easier was not as in seemed as old Cascade Crest  had many years of
blow downs)
   If you can get an old copy or old maps , you can retrace the CCT and still
see the old markers today. Many are  little more than a " Knot Holes" with a
touch of green in the middle as the tree is reclaiming them. Many of the old
markers in Oregon from the old " Skyline route" have been burned along with the
trees the last few years.
  You need to talk to Bob Norton in Skycomish who knows both the CCT and the
PCT in Washington well with a good map. He can show you the old 60's trail
route if you are in to bushwhacking with lots of old diamonds.
   I spotted one with Yogi a few weeks ago on today's PCT which was about
half covered by the reclaiming tree. ( Awsome pic shot!!!) Monte