[pct-l] Re: (clueless hikers)

Awesome!
(we learned that two years ago in Yosemite.. the yell of nono-dayhikers)
I sometimes thought we were overreacting in carrying loads of water and food on our daytrips (being used to backpacking trips in the Sierra's). But reading al these wierd stories now....
Maybe it is a good idea if Mr B. spends his $ 87billion on education (but that is a different story)
I must say however that I also met a lot of people in the backcountry (weekend and day-hikers) that did know what they were going to face. Even if they carry to much gear, they will experience their own limits quickly enough and be more prepared next time.
Let's not scare away the 'good' weekend hikers. They can teach!

Stan