[pct-l] Section H in Washington Trip Report

The road walk is actually somewhat pleasant, I think.  The towns are
nice and it is a good change of pace.
Plus, it is flat. Southern Washington is not exactly a
scenic wonderland, the Goat
Rocks and maybe the Mt. Adams areas excepted.  I say maybe, because I
had 3 feet of visibility going through and didn't get a look at Adams
until I was nearing Cispus Pass.  Judging from the fabulous scenery north
of Panther Creek, I think I may have taken the more scenic route.

Chris

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Marge Prothman wrote:

> Good Post Tom,
>
> I will look forward to seeing the web page.  I have not done Section H in
> Washington. I did talk to a USFS person on my aborted hike in Washington a
> few weeks ago and I was under the impression they had done trail maintenance
> on that section  and he wondered why
> hikers did not hike the trail in lieu of the road walk. Maybe the PCT Guide
> has something to
> do with this.
>
> Cheers,
> Marge   [The Old Gal]