[pct-l] New Backpacking Camera

Well, I got the Pentex Optio 33L camera for the trail.  It is a little big and heavy (8 ounces), but has what I was looking for; AA batteries, 3.2 megapixels, 3X optical zoom, and I bought the upgraded 128 MB compact flash card.  I found that too small a camera was hard for me handle comfortably with my big paws.  I can take 64 super fine pictures with the 128 card. There is no view finder, but just the rotating LCD monitor with accessory hood.  Should be okay.

The price was $249 out the door at the Nellis AFB Exchange (Las Vegas, NV), which is the price range I definitely wanted.  I think you can get it cheaper, but plus sales tax at other places.

Should be fun to use for outdoor shots.  Later, Switchback