[pct-l] The Mojave Work Camp...

In a message dated 9/5/03 10:01:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
trailhamster@yahoo.com writes:
I would avoid this place in the future, and try to hitch or walk to the store
to get water.
I believe an option for water may be Neenach School.  It was built and
operated for only a few years, then closed down in 2001, when enrollment fell.  The
place is maintained.  In both 2002 and 2003 I hiked thru the desert to Mojave
( I knon, I know....who in his right mind???) and was able to get water there
both times. A small gate was unlocked and  there are two water fountains in
back of the school.  There is a caretaker who lives in back of the school if all
else fails.

I stopped in to meet Mr. Skaggs this year.  He invited me to work and I
pleasantly agreed....and did nothing.  This did not seem to make him angry.  He
appears to think that he has some Jack Fair Legend to live up to.  I heard a
number of storires about the risque language, etc. and attribute it more to some
Hollywood Mentality than Evil.  All in all, I would not go back if I hiked the
desert section a third time... and if I do, would somebody shoot me?

No Way