[pct-l] Animal Questions

Thank you, I checked the newspaper archives and it was indeed a Mountain Lion;
also in the Sunol area further in the east bay are some pretty big
bobcats.  We need an expert to feline-out the differences.

I stand corrected.

Richard

At 10:25 AM 7/24/03 -0700, Rick Gordon wrote:
>Richard wrote on July 24th:
>
>THE only time I am aware of a death by bobcat was in the SF Bay area
>when a woman runner kept on running and perhaps was not even aware of
>the cat stalking her (first and foremost be aware of what is around
>u...as J. Muir said: Look behind you so you know where u came from"
>and in the process u become aware of all sorts of things...

>Perhaps Richard meant a Mountain Lion. I have never heard of any adult
human deaths in the SF Bay area by Bobcat. I suppose it is possible but I
would think very unlikely. There have been mountain lion attacks that
resulted in death in California - a runner on the Western States One Hundred
trail a number of years ago, maybe others. And there have certainly been
accounts of stalkiing and attacks by mountain lions. As we humans move into
areas that have previously been at least partly wild we have to accept that
there will be conflicts with other animals.