[pct-l] New goals

Hi Fellow Highpointer!

I didn't think that there were many highpointers
around, but I keep hearing about them in the most
unexpected places.  I've been highpointing the US
since 1998, and I now have 30 peaks.  I don't have the
hardest ones.  I tried Idaho two years ago and failed
- very under-rated climb (in the guidebooks), in my
opinion.  Also, I think that you'll find Maine harder
than New Hampshire....

I'm keeping a highpoint journal on
www.peakjournals.com, a cousin to the trail journals
web site.  It's a neat place to tell peak-bagging
stories, and I'm finding highpointing to be a neat and
humble type of peak bagging.  You really get to
experience a lot of different and out-of-the-way spots
in every place in the country...places you'd probably
never find yourself in unless you were
highpointing...I'm thinking of Louisiana and Nebraska
off the top of my head.

Most beautiful overall hike for me was New Mexico.
I'm hoping to get Arizona, Colorado and New York this
year.

Good luck - you're going to have a blast!  Let me know
what you think of Idaho!

Nocona
TN, GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, AR, KY, SC, NC, VA, WV, MD,
DE, PA, NJ, CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME, OH, IN, TX, OK,
NM, KS, NE, CA