[pct-l] JMT Trail Conditions

there are probably no major blow downs;  much of the trail is above
the tree line.  I would take an axe if it were me leaving on the 9th
of July.

peaks will undoubtedly be covered with snow, but unless you plan on
doing some peak-bagging, you wont have to worry about that.  there
are many passes over 12,000 ft on the JMT, and my guess is that they
will still have some snow at the time you are talking about being
there.  i would suggest contacting the witney portal ranger station
and asking them how much snow is between ridge-crest and the summit.
that ought to give you a good idea of how much snow is still up there
(however, that will still not be perfect, as many of the passes get
less sun than that section of the whitney trail).

the water levels in the streams will also likely be pretty high.  the
peak flow rate in Yosemite for the entire year was 3 weeks ago.  You
gotta figure that there is still some significant snow up there and
that its still melting fast.  The good news is that it has been
melting less and less and the runoff will continue to get lighter as
the summer progresses.  play is safe, and be prepared for more than
simple knee-deep crossings.

Have a great time.

peace!
dude