[pct-l] 2004 Hopefuls...

FYI--thanks again to those who responded to my dog question.... After talking with my lady, she will not attempt the trail with me and will stay behind to watch the pooch instead...

So, who is planning on doing the trail in '04??

Do you  mail your ice axe (and crampons) to yourself on the trail?  If so, where?  How long do you typically keep them around?

I've heard that a person's foot can enlarge (swell, expend, or ?) up to 1 ? shoe sizes from the pounding of thru hiking....Is that true?  If so, how do you break in a second (or third) pair of boots for replacement on the trail??

PS--What a great forum!!!  What a great community :-)  Thanks for any and all advice!