[pct-l] trail journals

Hello.  I am a section hiker of the PCT, and I hope to thru-hike it in 2008.
  I have been reading some of the trail journals sent by this year's
thru-hikers.  I have only gotten information about thru-hiking from books
and from meeting thru-hikers on the northern parts of the trail, so I don't
know if there is a shift in attitude or not.  But I noticed that much of the
information in the journals I have received is about rest stops, town stops,
and rides to and from the trailhead.  I was hoping to read about the land
that people walk through as they go.   One thing, though -- I think it is
amazing that we can actually receive journal reports almost immediately, in
just a few days after the area has been hiked.  Maybe the books that detail
the personality of the land are written well after the hardships of the
trail have been pushed to the back, and the overall impact of the
backcountry has time to rise to the top.  Perhaps the immediate relief of a
rest stop has more impact at the beginning.  Who am I to say that my journal
entries will be any better when my opportunity to thru-hike comes -- and
what will feel important to me at the time?

I appreciate all the input through this list, and I hope to meet many of you
somewhere on the trail.

Lindy