[pct-l] PCT trail CD's - testimonial

Ken,

I got a set of the printable map CD's from you a couple of months ago,
you may recall. I had a chance to put them to the test recently and
wanted to fill you in. I attended the ADZPCTKO a few weeks ago, and
printed b&w 1:24,000 maps for the trail from Campo to Laguna. For the
record, I found the maps absolutely fantastic! the detail was really
great to have both of the trail itself and also of the surrounding
topography. I am a "map" guy, and the maps in the PCT trail guide would
work OK but are pretty small, IMHO. Also, carrying extra maps don't add
much weight, and if I were to thru hike I would use the back of the
printed maps to write my trail diary, then mail them home periodically.
Having the printable maps you provide made me fell much more secure, and
also helped me out on more than one occasion. I found that when crossing
man made structures (highways, roads, under bridges, etc) knowing
EXACTLY where the trail should go saved me from taking the wrong fork in
places where there were multiple trail options.

So thanks for the time you spent on this terrific product.

--
Mike Maurer

PS - quick product question - what is the "speed" icon for along the top
of the interface?