[pct-l] down or synthetic

Hello all,

My name is Litha and I plan on hiking the PCT in 2004.  I am looking into
getting a new, lightweight sleeping bag and I was wondering if anyone who
has hiked the PCT has strong opinions on down or synthetic bags for this
trail.  I know the various viurtues/limitations of both, but I am not
familiar with the weather condition variables in a typical hiking season on
the PCT.  Any thoughts?

Thanks!
-Litha