[pct-l] RE: MP3 or minidisk?

DLow,
I looked at all this stuff.  I know you are possibly looking at an
electronic journal.  That's the place to drop in a FM chip and MP3
player.  Multi-use all the way.

My current research is not thorough, but I was looking at PDAs the other
day and I think FM was an option on one, and most higher-end models have
MP3 capacity.  Then you swap out cards to change your music.

Recording on the Minidisk takes more battery than just listening, so I
can't tell you much about battery life since I did both.  I always had
two rechargeable AAs with me, one in the MD, one in my pack.  In most
legs, I wouldn't run out of juice, but I did not listen every day, all
day.

Look at http://www.aurorasolar.com/ for an on-trail charger that could
reduce the number of batteries you need to carry.  You like to take
those long afternoon breaks which are perfect for collecting a little
free energy.

Let me know where your research takes you.  I'm looking at solving the
same problems.

John B./Cupcake