[pct-l] Spectra Material used in the New G5 Pack.

I would like someone smarter than me to explain about the Spectra Material
used in the New G5 Pack.  My Google search came up with some of the
following and none of it makes any sense to me.

1=2E Spectra is the ideal material for ballistic protection in aircraft
components because its strength to weight ratio is much greater than other
substances such as fiberglass, carbon fiber composites or aramid fibers,=94
said Scott Savian, Marketing, C&D Aerospace. =93Spectra has already proven
itself in bulletproof vests, tanks and combat helicopters.=94

2=2E Fluorocarbon Wind On Leader 220 lb Test.  Fluorocarbon wind on leaders
200 lb spectra 220 lb Mamoi Fluorcarbon 25 feet over all length.

3=2E Many informations about light and spectra (in French)
Ce que nous apprend la lumi=E8re.
Le spectre du Soleil
Construisez un spectroscope

4=2E A cornerstone of Spectra's patented technology, shear mode actuation of
the piezoelectric material allows Spectra to create many jet actuators using
a single flat piece of piezoelectric material. The piezoelectric material,
as part of its fabrication, is poled. To accomplish this, a strong electric
field is applied to the piezoelectric material and then removed. This
results in a poling field with the same orientation as the initial electric
field.

5=2E Windwiz on Spectra lines
Subject: Re: Knots and line stretch (for sport kites)
[From a 1993 posting I made to the rec.kites newsgroup. None of this is
carved in stone, just my observations and methods of stretching and sleeving
Spectra kite lines..

So, will I be wearing a bullet proof pack.
Or: use it for a fishing line.
Or: My french is rusty, I can only read the cereal boxes, do not know what
they were talking about.
Or: Am I going to be an conductor for electricity.
Or:  Maybe just fly a kite.

So what is a fabric called Spectra?

Marge   [The Old Gal]
http://www.prothman.org/marge