[pct-l] foot pain

Hey, I have similar foot problems with a very narrow heel.  I switched to
Salomons about 10 years ago, and they saved my AT thru-hike.  I wear light
weight hiking shoes (whichever Salomons are on sale at the time) and they
always fit perfectly.  I add a pair of the flat green Spenco insoles and
some two layer coolmax socks and I hardly ever get blisters even if my feet
get wet.

You might try going to an outdoor store and trying on a pair.  If they don't
instantly feel right then don't buy them.  Everyone has very different feet
that expand and contract as you hike.  So budget some extra dough in case
you have to buy shoes while you are out.  Good luck on your trip.

Christy