[pct-l] some questions

hello.  I have a couple questions and would love some opinions or answers.
First, is there any way I can find out about water availability (water
caches, or whether streams are dry) in the next week or two, as I begin
hiking on april 18th.  Second, how much fuel (heat), do people usually use
if they boil water for breakfast and cook dinner?  Lastly, does anyone
know of any public transportation system between wrightwood and los
angeles (I have to fly out of LAX - and return - mid May to graduate from
college).  Thanks for any advice!...tracy