[pct-l] (Guest Post) PCT Advice

--
158 days was considered to be really fast in 1977.  We averaged about one day
per week rest (for an average per day of approximately 18 miles).  Paul
Hacker and I received criticism for hiking so fast for so many miles per day
by David Green, a co-hiker, in his 1981 book, A Pacific Crest Odyssey, and by
others.  He claimed that we could not have enjoyed our hike as much as a
slower person and would have done better to slow down.  Well, we got the last
laugh when he got snowed and freezing rained on in the Nth Cascades long
after we were home, warm and snug for the winter!

We'd be considered downright slow as a slug, these days!

Greg