From: pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:pct-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net] On Behalf Of David Davis
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2003 8:03 AM
To: CMountainDave@aol.com; pct-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [pct-l] military rations

Anyway, lurps are freeze dried and lightweight light regular backpacker
fare.  I have never seen them available on the civilian market, and they are
rare even in the service.  I only point them out to illustrate the fact that
even the military does not consider MRE suitable for any type of extended
hiking.