[pct-l] Lightweight Hiking Shoes

Greetings,

I need to find a new pair of lightweight trail shoes and am looking for
suggestions.

I LOVE my present shoes, which are North Face Sawtooth Ridge IIs, built on a
climber's last with a high abrasion slingshot rand, good lateral support and
great (though not terribly long lasting) traction. I originally heard about
them on this ListServe when some wise sole compared them to his former shoes
thusly: "Changing from my old shoes into my NF Sawtooth Ridge IIs is like
stepping out of my Ford and into my Ferrarri." They were great, but alas,
after wearing out 2 pair, they're now flat out of stock.

I need to find a substitute for a planned big chunk of the PCT hike. Any
suggestions?

Light weight, good side to side support, and great comfort and fit are all
important. For snowfields I plan to carry a pair of insulated NEOS overshoes
to go over the lightweight hiking shoes. (They're lighter than swapping to a
2nd pair of heavier hiking boots for the snow. Any comments from others who
have tried this will be much appreciated.

Happy trails!

Rick

Rick Hubbard
12 Woodbine Street