[pct-l] Good training aid and shoe/boot question

Howdy listers,
I've been battling problems with achilles/calf muscle pulls for probably
20 years.  After the last one, I decided to do some physical therapy.
One of the exercise devices used was the Airex Balance Pad.  As soon as
I tried it at PT, I was sold and bought one.  Best price I found was at
www.Bindependent.com  Around $40.00 shipped.  The pad is an unstable
platform and taxes your lower leg muscles when doing balance movements.
  For those with my problem or weak ankles, this thing may be just the
ticket for some extra conditioning before your next hike.

One of the things I need in the future (according to the DR. and the
physcial therapist) are positive heel i.e. raised heel shoes/boots as
well as antipronation devices.  They got me started with New Balance 991
shoes but I don't particularly like them even though I haven't gotten
hurt again.  Anyone know which of the New Balance Trail shoes have a
positive heel and good motion control?  Other boots?  I know I can try a
heel lift but I'd prefer it built into the shoe/boot.
         Jeff Jones