[pct-l] kansas hikers at the kickoff

WOW---there are FIVE hikers from Kansas planning on attending the ADZ.
Three 2003 hikers (Belcher, Puck, and Freefall) and two former hikers (Oz
PCT'01 and me).  I used to feel like a fish outta water----as a flatlander
in the world of people who have mountains where they live.

(TECHNICALLY, Belcher and Puck live in KC, MO.  But that's just BARELY
across the state line, so I'll count them as Kansas folk.  And I guess
Freefall has been transplanted to Kansas from Indiana.  So maybe Oz and me
are the only REAL Kansas hikers.)

It's good to see the midwest represented in the hiking world!!!

yogi '02