[pct-l] Prepaid Film Mailers

--

Phoenix,
I include either York Photo or Clark Color Labs mailers in my bounce box, a=
s well as some checks.  When I arrive in town, you fill out the order form =
specifically for the number of rolls you will be mailing, drop them into th=
e prepaid pouce, and off they go, to be developed and sent to your home.  Y=
ou can request these free mailers from either companies website.
Note, it is more economical and lighter to shoot rolls of 36.
Happy 'JO'
http://walkforcancer.tripod.com

 Christopher Van Loon <vanloonc@yahoo.com> wrote:--

Hi all,

I've been looking into prepaid film mailers, and I'm kind of confused. Here=
's the deal: I have an Olympus Stylus Epic camera, for which I plan to buy =
ASA400 35mm film in either 24 or 36 exposure rolls. I went searching on the=
 web for prepaid mailers, and found a site that sells them for $6.49 apiece.

Here's what I don't get: Exactly what am I paying for? If I stick a roll of=
 film in one of these mailers, filled out with a mailing address, is that a=
ll I have to pay? Or do I also have to pay postage on top of that? And is t=
his generally for one copy of a certain size print?

Please bear with me on this. I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a mi=
stake. If someone can sort this out for me, and/or find me a better bargain=
, I'd appreciate it. Incidentally, my wild guess was that I'd go through ro=
ughly 1000 exposures on my hike (my wife and I will share the one camera). =
Is this realistic? I estimated two 24-exposure rolls per week, for 20 or 21=
 weeks.

Any advice will be appreciated. I searched the old PCT-L archives, and foun=
d little on the subject.

Thanks in advance,

Phoenix

http://www.trailjournals.com/phoenix