[pct-l] Prepaid Film Mailers

--

Hi all,

I've been looking into prepaid film mailers, and I'm kind of confused.  Her=
e's the deal: I have an Olympus Stylus Epic camera, for which I plan to buy=
 ASA400 35mm film in either 24 or 36 exposure rolls.  I went searching on t=
he web for prepaid mailers, and found a site that sells them for $6.49 apie=
ce.

Here's what I don't get: Exactly what am I paying for?  If I stick a roll o=
f film in one of these mailers, filled out with a mailing address, is that =
all I have to pay?  Or do I also have to pay postage on top of that?  And i=
s this generally for one copy of a certain size print?

Please bear with me on this.  I don't want to spend a bunch of money on a m=
istake.  If someone can sort this out for me, and/or find me a better barga=
in, I'd appreciate it.  Incidentally, my wild guess was that I'd go through=
 roughly 1000 exposures on my hike (my wife and I will share the one camera=
)=2E  Is this realistic?  I estimated two 24-exposure rolls per week, for 2=
0 or 21 weeks.

Any advice will be appreciated.  I searched the old PCT-L archives, and fou=
nd little on the subject.

Thanks in advance,

Phoenix

http://www.trailjournals.com/phoenix