[pct-l] Pants on the PCT?

--
I carried and/or wore one pair of "death cotton" Levis the entire way.  The
first thing to wear out was the front of the thighs, where,  I wiped my hands
whenever they needed drying.  At a laundramat in Washington I found an old
terry cloth towel, tore it into two narrow strips and stiched it on.  It
helped with a bit of insulation in the Fall and provided a better wiping
surface.

Your mileage will certainly vary!  I wouldn't recommend this today, but hey,
it worked okay, and boy, are they comfortable after a 1,000 miles or so!

Greg