[pct-l] Pack searching

--
The following info is about a year old and some of the packs may no longer be
available or have been replaced with new models, however,

Manuf.            Name          Weight  (oz)        Size (ci)           Cost
Remington, Pinnacle             54                 5,250            $110
Camp Trails, Velocity           68                 4,949            $80
McHale,       Super SARC        64                 5,500            $480

In my humble experience looking at commercial packs like these, there usually
is ample opportunity to reduce weight by cutting off excess attachments,
bells and whistles that a typical thru-hiker has little use for.
Additionally you can look at slightly smaller packs in the 4,500 ci range and
look for opportunities to add some volume with attachable pockets, etc.  The
old Kelty, Flight (22 oz, 4,500 ci, $225) would be my pick in this regard and
has been highly regarded by several past thru-hikers in your hiking/pack
strategy.  It is discontinued but still available here and there.

Happy pack hunting,

Greg