[pct-l] help me lose weight

Hi

This has to do with going to a lighter pack.  I too am trying to become
"lightweight".  I'm down to 25 lbs (w/o fuel cannister, water, food,
bear canister).  Of this weight is my Gregory Shasta (6.5 lbs). Nice
suspension , but heavy.

Other heavies:  Clip Flashlight -2person- split between me and my wife
Sleeping bag:  Marmot Sawtooth 15 degree down

I've really tried to cut weight-labels off clothes, gatoraid bottles
instead of Nalgene and Gregory hydration system, garbage bag instead of
packcover (saved 6oz!!)...stupid weight! etc, etc.

Do anyone think that I could go down to a smaller, lighter pack like the
GoLIght Trek Pack?  That is, will it comfortably support my "heavies"
plus food from Horseshoe Meadows to Whitney to Muir Trail Ranch via the
JMT?  THis is our longest hike to reach our first resupply.

Thanks for all the help,

Nate "JMT 2003" Dawg