[pct-l] Fabric for making clothes help

--
Richard,

If I was making clothes for an upcoming PCT hike here's what I'd make and
why. But before I go into materials, you should know, I'm and ultralight
hiker so my clothing choices are designed for those needs. Different styles
of hiking often require different clothing.

1)       Outer Raingear - Poncho - made from 1.3 oz silicone nylon.
2)       Rain/Wind shirt & Pants - made from epic fabric. It's quite
waterproof and suitable for light drizzles and excellent for wind. Good for
around camp and in town wear, light and very packable.
3)       Shirt (long sleeve) / Shorts -  made from Suplex Nylon. It is
light, dries incredibly fast, looks good and strong. Get some that has a
minimum of 20 to 30 SPF for sun protection.
4)       Warm Jacket  made from Polartec 100. Good for cold morning starts,
light and packs small. If it gets too cold around camp in the evening, I
just crawl into my sleeping bag.
5)       Cap made from Polartec 200 windbloc. I sleep with my sleeping bag
like a quilt and use a fleece cap instead of a hood.
6)       Gloves made from 100 Polartec fleece.

I don't wear stretchy clothes, as they tend to bind on me and restrict
movement. I prefer clothes that are loose.

I've tried coolmax tee shirts in the past they just got wet on me and didn't
dry very fast.

-Fallingwater