[pct-l] Sisters Mirror Lake and Mosquitos

On a section hike I had camped at Sisters Mirror Lake.  This was before my
lightweight days and I was using a clip flashlight.  It was warm, and the
tent was dappled with shade, and hot inside.  I had to eat dinner.  I cooked
from within the tent, sweating and straining, and decided I was going to go
crazy.

I got out with the pot, and started walking.  I ate dinner while walking
around the lake, walking fast enough to stay just ahead of the swarm.  That
was probably toward the end of June, 1994 - no snow to speak of.  They were
so thick that every time I got into the tent I had to kill dozens upon
dozens before I could relax.

The next day I stopped in a forested, shady section, pulled out my sailor
boy pilot bread and cheese and pulled my trust blue tarp over me like a
blanket as I lay across the trail.  That worked.

Jeff Olson
Laramie WY