[pct-l] Goal Oriented Hiking.

Nacona!
Yes.  I remember you.  Besides at Warner Springs, we saw you and Bald Eagle
at Jeff and Donna's and again in Tuolumne Meadows.  We talked about your
desire to hike the peaks in all 50 States and my missing supply and drift
box.  I hooked up with Bluefoot, Swiss Miss, Woog, Tripod, and Dawn because
I had no guide book.  I ended up getting off at Carter Meadows, just before
Etna.  I did 1580 and LunaKat did over 500 miles that year.  I thought I
was just getting off to rest from some relatively severe pain, but it
turned out to be a serious inguinal hernia.  Talk about disappointment!  It
took me several weeks to recover emotionally and to be able to look back on
my experiences with fondness.  Good to hear that you are getting back on.
 I am not sure I will be able to go this year, but I am preparing anyway
(couldn't hurt!).

The PEDestrian

Paul E. Dietrich
916-204-5255
cactus_paul@earthlink.net

"Paul E. Dietrich" <cactus_paul@earthlink.net> wrote:

I am always fascinated by discussions like Appalachian
Trail vs. Pacific Crest Trail, or Thru Hiking vs.
Section Hiking.

Pedestrian!

Don't know if you remember me - Nocona.  We met at
Warner Springs, eating burgers (and salads, and ice
cream and chips and salsa and...) outside on the
picnic tables.  Glad to hear you are getting back out
there.  When and where did you get off in 2000?  I got
off at Independence and am trying to get back out
there this year.