[pct-l] shoes

It totally depends on the hiker - their weight (body weight and pack weight)
and even how they walk.

I think the weight of the hiker plays the biggest part, with my full pack on
I weigh about 150 lbs. That means I'm not putting that much pressure on my
shoes every time I step - because of this my first pair of Salomon Raid
Races (they don't make them anymore - now I wear XA pros) lasted 1400 miles.
Bigger hikers normally have to replace their shoes more often simply because
they put more wear on them.

-Brad