[pct-l] Burning Deserts

At 12:36 PM 2/7/03, Kevin Corcoran wrote:
>Mojave, rhymes with "No-Cave", it's an old intentional word-mangle.
>Never heard it?
>Maybe I've lived around here too long....

Sort of like "yose - might"?

I used to live in a place called California City, between Mojave (the city)
and InyoKern. "Land-Scatter" was the big city 45 minutes away where we
drove to see a movie, or to get groceries once a week.  After a few years
in the High Desert, things take on a new look (things like "wasn't my car
ALWAYS tan?" and "I didn't know I could take these sunglasses off my face..")

Brick
Now in Lovely San Diego.