[pct-l] section A

The Pines fire was limited to between Mt. Laguna (near Pioneer Mail) and
just north of Barrel Spring. There are some areas between these points
unburned, including Scissors Crossing. I don't think Section B had any major
burns last year. Section D (above Mt. Baldy) and E (towards Green Valley and
Bouquet Canyon I think) had a few major fires but I don't think they
impacted large parts of the trail.

The burned areas could be interesting to see how it's coming back. On the
positive side, the views across the desert will be more open without all
that brush in the way. However, shade will be nonexistant in some areas. You
also might need to pay closer attention to navigation as abandoned,
overgrown trails and game trails will now be visible. I noted some work was
done near Barrel Spring with signs and flagging tape to mark the trail.

I have maps of the fire in Section A (and the pictures mentioned) on my web
page at
www.4Jeffrey.Net
Click on "PCT" and then Fire pictures.

(Just tried and the site is down but should be up soon I hope.)

AsABat

> Is section A pretty much where the fire was or did it get to section B
also?