[pct-l] Weird winter, yup

Been perusing the snotel readings here in WA. 42* and heavy rain at 5000' in
Olympics the other day. 40 " snow vs normal 72'' this time of year
  Hydrologist on news other day said snow pack between 3000-6000 feet is
saturated due to heavy rains and will melt out quickly this spring
  I am betting that the snow pack drops 5 feet in May at the Snotel spots. It
will be interesting to be able to see the actual results on a day by day
basis to see if I need to adjust my thinking about snowmelt rate. (2" a day
in May, 3 in June.)
   I worry about what a "Pineapple Express" could do.  The P.E. can raise the
freezing level to 7000'- 8000' and dump approximately 15 inches of rain
(carried by the tropical air from Hawaii) over a 3 day period. (on south and
west slopes of the Cascades/Olympics.) Normally the snowpack is not saturated
this time of year and it absorbs much of that 15 inches, keeping floods from
getting out of hand. This year the entire amount might make it to the creeks
causing trail and bridge washouts.
  Wrote this this morning and now I hear a PE is exactly what is about to
happen  tomorrow and Fri. Stay Tuned! (7000' snow level)